Thursday 26 November 2009

LOST.

I have finished watching Lost season 1. It was epic and I can not believe I didn't watch it the first time around. So, yeah, I really liked it. I was gonna do this blog as a sort of review of it but there's no real point to it since pretty much every one has seen it. So this is just gonna be a blog about what I liked about it and the different aspects and all that crap.

The plot. Was freaking amazing. Even though I know about the polar bear and the hatch and whole load of other stuff, including spoilers I read on damn Wikipedia, I was totally on the edge of my seat. I even liked the little flashback/character history bits, which I remember not liking when I attempted to watch Lost when I was 11, back then I was like, "I don't care if Locke was in a wheelchair before just get back to whats happening NOW!" I mean I still don't care that Locke was in a wheelchair, if I'm honest, Locke is my least favourite characters but I'll talk about that later on. Now, the thing with crazy French lady, what was up with that? Admittedly, I was writing an a few essays whilst I watch that episode(s) so I wasn't sure what was going on, but that didn't stop me from noticing she was a crazy lady. She killed, like, her whole team! I mean, did they really need her, what does she do to the plot? Now that I think about it she did talk about The Others, which I guess is a big part of the plot towards the end. Which leads me nicely on to Ethan abducting Claire and Charlie. That was hard time for me because Claire and Charlie are my favourite characters and that Ethan was one creepy bastard. The part of that which upset me the most was when they found Charlie hanged, even though I knew he lived I was still like, "Nooo, don't die!!!" Sadface. But I think the main point of Claire being kidnapped was about The Others, because the French lady knew The Others wanted "the boy" because she heard them whisper and she made two attempts to get the baby, one before it was born and one after. Although it becomes apparent in the finale that "the boy" The Others want is Walt, because he's special. I can't wait to find out what kind of power Walt has. But I'm still left wondering where Ethan came from and if he was with crazy French lady, he must of been but ... ugh, it hurts my head to think of all the possibilities of the relation between her and Ethan and who he was with and how he got there. If only Charlie hadn't killed him.

Characters. I'm gonna try and keep this part shorter than the last but I'm doubtful that will happen. I'm gonna start with Locke since I mentioned I don't like him. The main reason I don't like him is he only really thinks about what he thinks is best for everyone not what actually is. He may have gotten Charlie over his drug addiction but he drugged Boone and tied him up in the jungle. And also, he got to obsessed about the hatch, he only wanted to open because he thought the Island wanted him to, like it was test. I don't know, but I sure as hell wouldn't trust him. Sawyer is an amazingly deep character, I mean his past is so tragic and I love him as a character. He's not my favourite character but he's definitely up there. I like that him and Jack are always fighting, they're like opposites. I don't really have that much else to say about Sawyer but I felt I should mention him. And if I'm honest I don't really Jack, he's always moaning about not wanting to be the leader or hero. Claire and Charlie are so cute and I love both of them so much. I think the way Charlie looks after Claire is so adorable and sweet, and the peanut butter thing, it's a cute overload. I could on like for a bit about those two so I'm gonna stop.A character I'm really growing to like is Jin, at first I thought he was a bit of a prick because he was mean to Sun but he really changed and in an odd sort of way I think he's kind of attractive, so yeah. There's just too much to say about all of the characters. They all work so well with each other, it's amazing. I don't think I could even rank them. I would say more but I think I'll leave it there, I could go on forever.

Any way, one of my favourite parts of the first season was the montage in the last episode when you saw them all getting on the plane and taking their seats, I don't know why I liked it so much, maybe because it showed the start of their journey together or I think how connected they all are, how that's where all their stories meet. Hope that makes some sort of sense. But yeah, I'm totally ready for season 2, I really want to know what happens. Please don't spoil it for me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment